About The Department
“Create Code Conquer”
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in 2008.The department offer four year courses in Bachelor of Technology :
1. Computer Science and Engineering
2. Computer Science and Engineering(Artificial Intelligence)
3. Computer Science and Engineering(Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning)
4. Information Technology
These programs include courses on nascent topics to equip our students with the latest developments in Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technology. The Department has computing equipment supported by high speed Internet and wireless networks.
From the Desk of the HOD:
Welcome to the Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology Department where we
provide students an environment of learning through problem solving approach and practical hands-on
programming and computer technologies. We have a team of highly qualified faculties which deploy
appropriate theory, practices, and tools for the specification, design, implementation, and practical’s as well
as in innovative latest technology
The goal of Computer Science department is to motivate students to be proficient in problem solving techniques and recognizing the broad relevance of computational thinking in everyday life. My expectation from student is to develop proficiency in high-level programming languages and get ready for placements.
Finally, I invite you to browse through website and feel free to write at email@example.com leading improvement and suggestion.
Head of Department
Department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology
PSIT College of Engineering
Kanpur-Agra-Delhi NH-2, Bhauti, Kanpur-209305
To be a recognized Department of Computer Science & Engineering that produces versatile computer engineers, capable of adapting to the changing needs of computer and related industry.
- To provide broad based quality education with knowledge and attitude to succeed in Computer Science & Engineering careers.
- To prepare students for emerging trends in computer and related industry.
- To develop competence in students by providing them skills and aptitude to foster culture of continuous and life-long learning.
- The department is committed to develop practicing engineers who investigate research, design and find workable solutions to complex engineering problems with awareness & concern for society as well as environment.
- The graduates will be efficient leading professionals with the knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering discipline that enables them to pursue higher education and/or successful careers in various domains.
- Graduates will possess capability of designing successful innovative solutions to real life problems that are technically sound, economically viable and socially acceptable.
- Graduates will be competent team leaders, effective communicators and capable of working in multidisciplinary teams following ethical values.
- The graduates will be capable of adapting to new technologies/tools, constantly upgrading their knowledge and skills with an attitude for lifelong learning.
1. Engineering Knowledge: To apply the knowledge of mathematics, science
and Computer Science & Engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex
2. Problem Analysis: To identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex Computer Science & Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering.
3. Design/development of Solutions: To design solutions for Computer Science & Engineering and allied fields related to complex engineering problems, design system components or processes that meet the specified needs of the public health , safety, and the culture, society, and environment appropriate consideration .
4. Investigation: Use research-based knowledge of Computer Science & Engineering , research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex Computer Science & Engineering activities with an understanding of limitations.
6. The Engineering & Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
7. Environment & Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional Computer Science & Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: To apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics , responsibilities and norms of the Computer Science & Engineering practice.
9. Individual & Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or a leader in diverse teams, in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex Computer Science & Engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports , design documentation, make effective presentations, and to give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project Management & Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Computer Science & Engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1- Use algorithms, data structures/management, software design, concepts of programming languages and computer organization and architecture.
2- Apply the processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment.